Layout

Thursday, January 6, 2011

To me.....with love....from me!

To me....with love....this year I am giving myself some slack.  I'm going to (try to) live without keeping such a tight rein on myself.  I beat myself up about things that are important to me, lately my blog. Here's the short list of my Bloggy Blues....Not professional enough...Not focused on my topic....Not inspiring enough....blah, blah, blog.

So.  Instead of giving myself heck for not being perfect, I am going to have fun with my imperfections.  For sure I tend to be a little flakey, disorganized, and unfocused in real life.  So my blog, good intentions and all, will likely be similar.  Which could be fun!  I'm going to just roll with it.

This post is a shining example of my lack of focus with my blogaroni - not a speck of info about food here.  However....I have begun to make some progress on one of my New Year's "resolutions."  (I use the term very, very loosely.  Because I am disorganized.  And unfocused....)  But progress it is, so I hope you enjoy...in case you hadn't noticed....my new blog design!  I was admiring my friend Megan's blog, MAID in Alaska, and saw that she had a design from Shabby Blogs.  So I cruised on over to have a little looksee.

Wowzas.  What a gorgeous selection!  I browsed and browsed and found a design that I love - it's kind of kitchen-ey and really pretty.  And how cool that I knocked off one of my New Year's resolutions, or at least got started on it.  That would be.....  "4.  Get serious about my blog - get a design, make it pretty.  Give it a menu, archives, go pro, you know?"  (See January 1...)  I have my design.  Check!

What do you think of it?

If you have any skills or talent you want to share, I am a willing guinea pig!!!   In particular - how on earth do I get the old Blogger template not to flash before my beautiful new design pops in?  Weird.

Coming soon....Freezer Pancakes!  Stay tuned for more....

Steph  ;)



3 comments:

maralee36 said...

I love the new layout! It is perfectly perfect, and perfectly you! I'm anxiously awaiting the freezer pancake installment!

Irritable Mother said...

I think the layout is lovely, too.
And I'm so glad to hear about your resolve to give yourself some slack. *Coming from one who needs to practice the same thing!* Good for you! :o)

I am not a technical whiz, so can't offer much help. But I will say this - your new template was the only thing I saw when I came over. The old one didn't pop up first.

Stephanie said...

Maralee - Thank you!! I miss you, I hope you're feeling better!

Karen - Thank you too! I am stoked to hear the I am the only one (I hope!) that is seeing the old layout. On giving slack - an extra two miles is plenty... ;)